An Editor’s Holiday Wish List
The holiday season is here and you can’t figure out what to get the video editor in your life, does this sound like you? Some of this video stuff may be wayyyy over your head, and you have no idea what’s on their wish list! Or maybe you ARE the editor and are looking for some new ideas to enhance that editing suite. The good (and bad) news is we are always in need of gear, so I thought I’d share what’s on my list this year:
1. This Backlit Keyboard: A necessity? Probably not, but look how cool it! One please!
2. Affordable Speakers: For my in house editing suite I’m looking at the Mackie MR MK3 Series as a starter set.
3. An Intuos Pen Tablet: I was lucky enough to test drive this bad boy this year and fell in love with it immediately! If you do a lot of photoshop work I highly recommend asking Santa for this little guy, but I’ve seen some high end video editors say it’s useful as well.
4. Red Giant’s Magic Bullet Suite: At a whopping $899 you can make your wallet cringe with this bad ass editing suite. (The software programs are also available for purchase separately)
5. The Art of the Cut by Steve Hullfish
6. And as a recommendation this Walter Murch book is a great read:
7. Software: a gift that keeps on giving throughout the entire year!
A few options that won’t kill your bank account
1. Hard Drives: We always need them!
2. Coffee: To help with those late nights.
3. This Coffee Mug: Can’t escape a good industry joke
4. Moleskine notebooks: I prefer the old school route and like to write things out by hand. These notebooks are a staple for me and are always needed.